1) A golf ball travels further on a hot day because the air is less dense. This is definitely good news for South Africans!
2) Only 20% of golfers have a handicap under 18. These golfers are known as “Bogey golfers”.
3) Only two sports have ever been played on the moon, the javelin throw and golf!
4) Before the golf tee existed, golfers would play off of small sand piles they made themselves.
5) Golf was invented in 1457 in Scotland. The sport was banned three times following its invention because the Scottish government believed it interfered in military training.
6) Tiger Woods made his first hole-in-one at eight years old!
7) Ab Smith coined the term, “Birdie” by accident when he hit a “bird of a shot” in 1889.
8) Samuel L. Jackson, the major film star, is also an enthusiastic golfer. He has a contract clause to play golf twice a week whenever he films movies!
9) The longest putt was a mind-blowing 114 metres.
10) There are 336 indents on a regulation golf ball.